the buckhiester hotel revenue management team
- Buckhiester Management was founded in 1995 with a singular focus on hotel revenue management and yield management
- It is represented by professionals with over 200 years of combined experience in travel, tourism and hospitality including senior management positions (General Managers for Westin, Marriott & Radisson properties, Senior Vice President, Operations and Vice President, Food & Beverage for a major hotel REIT)
- Experienced in providing strategic direction and comprehensive strategic plans to deal with complex revenue management issues
- Diverse product knowledge – hands-on experience with perishable inventories (hotel rooms, airline seats, cruise cabins, rental cars, bus seats, rail seats/compartments, and tour packages)
- Team of highly qualified professionals with specialties in global distribution systems, central reservation systems, strategic pricing/positioning, forecasting methodologies, digital marketing, social media and advanced yield tactic application
- Extensive knowledge of commercial computer systems applicable to property management, yield management, central reservations, global distribution and sales/catering, point-of-sale, as well as related connectivity issues
- Experienced in providing comprehensive revenue management assessments, training and development for over 900 hotels (branded, independent, large, small, city-center, airport, suburban, resort, managed, owned, and strata titled)
bonnie buckhiester – president & ceo
- Extensive and multi-dimensional experience in travel, tourism and hospitality – founder & co-owner of Buckhiester Management
- Senior management positions including Senior Vice President Operations for a major North American REIT (portfolio of 39 hotels), General Manager for two Radisson 4-diamond hotels, Executive Assistant Manager for two large, 4-diamond city-center Fairmont hotels
- Strong background in automated systems and corresponding integration of yield tactics
- Bachelor Degree from the University of Illinois
- Certification in Revenue Management from Cornell University
- Co-creator of REVolution® – a combination of interactive workshops, decision support tools, & coaching sessions) that enable those making the day-to-day decisions to deal effectively and efficiently with complex Revenue Management issues such as positioning, pricing, forecasting and electronic distribution
- Guest speaker for annual General Manager conferences and Sales & Marketing conferences,
- Workshop facilitator and guest speaker for North American hotel revenue management conferences (New Orleans, Boston, Chicago, San Francisco), HITEC, Hotel Investment Conference, Resort Hotel Association, HSMAI Revenue Management Strategy Conferences and regional meetings, Hotel Association of Canada, Lodging Conference, and America’s Lodging Investment Summit.
- Chairman of the Board – International Society of Hospitality Consultants
- Member of Hotel Sales and Marketing Association International & the University of Illinois Alumni Association
victoria edwards – co-founder, vice president – strategic development
- More than 25 years experience in travel, tourism and hospitality – co-founder & co-owner of Buckhiester Management
- Senior management positions include General Manager for both Marriott and Westin properties, senior manager with Delta Hotels and Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
- Extensive experience in both the Rooms and Food & Beverage sides of the business – trained as a Chef and leads the Food & Beverage revenue management practice at Buckhiester Management
- Bachelor Degree (B.A. with honors) in Psychology from the University of Victoria, graduate diploma in Applied Linguistics and a professional culinary certification from DuBrulle French Culinary Institute
- Creator of the REVRoadMap® business process and the online interactive REVRoadMap® Diagnostic
- Co-creator of REVolution®, a comprehensive revenue management learning program and co-producer of numerous web-series on the subject of revenue management
- Facilitator and speaker at HITEC, ACTE Global Education Conference (Association of Corporate Travel Executives), Online Revealed Toronto, and Royal Hosts Annual General Managers Conference
- Educational Chair – Board of Directors – Hotel Sales & Marketing Association International
- Member of Educational Advisory Board – AHLA Educational Institute panel on Revenue Management Certification
- Member of HTFP Association
- Co-author of the industries first research whitepaper on Dynamic Pricing in the Corporate Market Segment
matthew lusk – senior consultant
- More than 15 years experience in travel, tourism and hospitality.
- Certification in Revenue Management from Cornell University.
- Significant experience at the property level in Revenue Management, Reservations Management, Front Office Management, Sales and Catering.
- Strengths in Property Management Systems Technology (PMS), Customer Relations Management Systems (CRM) and Central Reservations Systems Technology (CRS).
- Mid and Executive team level experience with Fairmont, Westin, Kor Hotels, including 3 new hotel openings at award winning hotels.
- Vancouver 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games corporate hospitality housing contractor to manage and yield over 2,700 units of private accommodation.
- Revenue structure implementation, forecasting, reporting needs development.
- Team learning facilitator, coaching, training and incentivizing.
- Certified in Revenue Management by the Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International (HSMAI).
- Founder and current Board Member of HSMAI, BC Chapter.
brita moosmann – alliance partner, principal – vesta consulting inc.
- More than 25 years experience in the food & beverage, tourism and hospitality industry
- Senior management positions include Corporate Director of Food & Beverage for a REIT/management company portfolio of 39 hotels, Executive Assistant Manager for two large hotels, Director of F&B for the opening of Canada’s premier Chateau property
- Co-inventor of a program designed to increase the effectiveness of meetings by managing food and beverage intake, environmental conditions, and spacing of activities throughout a multi-day conference function
- Many years of specialist experience in Menu-Engineering, including the development of a strategic Menu-Engineering process
- Very strong background in automated F&B systems and corresponding yield tactics/revenue management initiatives
- Degree in Hotel Management from the Hotel Management School, Heidelberg
- Lecturer at Hotel Management School, Hamburg
- Guest Speaker for General Managers, F&B Managers, Catering Directors and Executive Chef Conferences
Melissa Edwards-Clayton – Senior Contributing Consultant
- Multi-dimentional experience including regional director of internet marketing for a major North American hotel brand
- VP and Creative Director for Kidzworld Media, an online community for youths 8 to 18, and online marketing channel for products targeting the demographic.
- Extensive experience in online content develop and marketing strategies resulting in positioning Kidzworld amongst the top 25 entertainment sites in the world.
- Worked as a traditional and online marketing consultant for 4 years combining experience as a content/site developer and organic e-marketer
- Extensive experience in website audits providing clients with an understanding of intellectual architecture, navigation, functionality and search engine optimization
- Freelance writer and editor including managing editor for the stock publication Stockreview Canada as well as contributing freelance pieces to The Globe and Mail, CTV, and WoodLINKS Canada,
- Currently sits as the vice chair of the Vancouver Alliance for the Arts Marketing Council
- Sought after guest speaker at multiple industry conferences
michael krawchuk – product development specialist
- More than 12 years experience providing analytical, financial and systems expertise to the tourism, hospitality, telecommunication and non-profit sectors
- Bachelor Degree in Economics (B.A.) from Simon Fraser University with a focus on quantitative methods. Additional training in statistical programming, data mining and systems implementations
- Experience has centered on the development and application of revenue management techniques, forecasting methods, optimization strategies, financial models and statistical analyses
- Extensive experience using analytical tools such as SAS, SPSS and Excel has helped organizations extract meaningful information from their data
- Involved in a number of systems implementations – extensive knowledge of databases and querying languages
valerie gowing – administration manager
- Extensive background in office management and accounting.
- Administrative and management experience in various industries including legal, leadership development, investment banking and consulting firms.
- A member of the steering committee and finance committee during the tenure of the Air Canada Championship PGA Tour golf tournament.
- Experience with web content management.